Wednesday, July 13, 2016

July 13 - Prov. 13

Become wise by walking with the wise; hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces.
Prov. 13:20 MSG

"Chose your friends wisely" and "be careful of the company that you keep" are things that my parents used to say. In my youth I didn't always understand the deep implications of this, but as I look back I see wisdom in those words. It's amazing how this principle can be seen, even in things like Facebook postings.

There are many friendships that built me up and made me who I am. There were mentors that guided and led me in paths that strengthened my relationship to the Lord and encouraged me to pursue a life of integrity. As I rubbed shoulders with godly men and women (and peers), something rubbed off on me. Their Facebook postings are filled with family pictures and show enduring, God-honouring friendships.

But there were other "friends," that looking back, could have ended in disasters and destruction. Foolishness and disrespect marked their lives, and to this day their Facebook postings reflect such a life. They were hell-bent on a path that ended exactly there.

Today I'm reminded that it's never too late to "walk with the wise."



No comments:

Post a Comment