Sunday, July 31, 2016

July 31 - Prov. 31

A good wife, who can find? She is worth far more than diamonds.
Prov. 31:1 MSG

How could I not pick this verse? After 30+ years I'm still in awe of the fact that God brought Rhonda and I together in a God-honouring, adventurous, encouraging, hard working, and enjoyable marriage. We didn't know all of the twists in the road we would take, nor all of the places we would visit, nor the great blessings we would receive and faith-stretching experiences we would face, but we've done it all together.

I can still remember the day that I got a note from her during a class break (I read it in Monday morning Greek Exegesis class), sharing a verse that she had read earlier. We made it our theme verse for our wedding, and have used it to this day as a beacon, our life verse:

For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭48:14‬ ‭NIV‬‬

What we noticed right away was that it was plural - a team of two - working together on putting God first, and relying on God to fill in the details. We've seen that as we sought God first, that all of the rest of life has been taken care of (Mt. 6:33).

So ... As I read this today, and as I look back over the years, I can only say "Amen" and "Thank you Lord."


No comments:

Post a Comment